IF YOU LIVE IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, PLEASE CALL (650) 328-1430 TO SCHEDULE AN INITIAL EXAMINATION FOR YOUR PET.
If you live outside of the San Francisco Bay Area AND you do not have access to a rehab facility where you live, Scout’s House provides rehab consultations by phone. Due to license restrictions, our phone consults are available only to veterinarians, not to pet owners. If you would like a phone consultation for your pet, please have your veterinarian contact us.
If you have a patient who might benefit from rehab therapy performed either by your staff in your clinic or by your client at home, Scout’s House Director of Rehab Therapy Krista Niebaum, MPT, CCRT, will provide you with a comprehensive consultation, which includes:
- a thorough review of your patient’s health records, including all medical records, radiology reports, and surgical reports
- discussion of your physical examination findings and observations
- creation of a customized initial therapy plan, including video links to and/or detailed descriptions of appropriate exercises and activities for your patient
- an anticipated progression program, if appropriate
- recommendations for equipment rentals, such as neuromuscular electrical stimulation units, and assistive devices, such as carpal wraps, splints, braces, and supportive harnesses.
Rehab Consultation Fees
Consultations are $95 for the first 30 minutes and $25 for each additional 10-minute increment.
Email communications will only be accepted after an initial phone consult has been made. Brief follow-up questions may be answered free of charge, although lengthy inquiries will follow the same fee formula as telephone consultations.
To Make An Appointment
1) Contact Scout’s House toll free at (877) 500-1430 or (650) 328-1430 to schedule your appointment and to receive a case number.
2) Fax or email your patient’s relevant health records, including findings on exam, radiology reports, and/or surgical reports, to Scout’s House at (650) 328-1531 or to email@example.com.
3) Call Scout’s House at your scheduled appointment time. All appointments will be scheduled in Pacific time. A $50 fee will be charged for appointments missed with no advance notice.