A New Danger in Using Pediatric Medicines for Your Pet

A blog post by Florida veterinarian Patty Kuhly, VMD, MBA, warns that the sweetener xylitol, which is toxic to dogs, is now being used in some of the pediatric elixirs that veterinarians prescribe for pets.  Read more, be informed–and never be afraid to ask your veterinarian and your pharmacist to double check that the formulation prescribed for your pet is xylitol-free:

Dog toxic xylitol in gums, mints, desserts … and now drugs | PetMD.


Leave a Reply